International Studies & Programs

Home > Visa and Immigration > MSU Departments > Hosting J-1 Student Interns

Hosting J-1 Student Interns

If your academic unit is interested in hosting an intern who is enrolled in a degree program outside the U.S. the immigration category we will use is J-1 Student Intern. You will need to request a DS-2019 form through OISS. The intern will need the DS-2019 form to apply for a J-1 visa at a U.S. Consulate abroad or to change status to J-1 from within the U.S. The request for a DS-2019 must be submitted to OISS at least 8 weeks prior to start date of the intern's program at MSU.

DS-2019 Request Process