Federal regulations as administered by the Student and Exchange Visitor Information System (SEVIS) require that you enroll in classes each semester and maintain a full course of study. Below is a summary of some of your main responsibilities as an F-1 or J-1 student. You will also find links to OISS forms necessary to maintain your student status.
Please note that this list in not exhaustive. If you have any questions please consult the International Student Advisors in the Office for International Students and Scholars.
- Role and Responsibility of the International Student
- Full Time Enrollment
- Online Classes Regulation
- Dual Enrollment Form (PDF)*
- Reduced Course Load (RCL) Form (PDF)*
- F-1 Students Semester Off Form (PDF)*
- J-1 Students Semester Off Form (PDF)*
- F-1 Student Notice of Departure Form (PDF)*
- J-1 Student Notice of Departure Form (PDF)*
- F-1/J-1 Student Transfer In Form (PDF)*
- F-1 Student Transfer Out Form (PDF)*
- J-1 Student Transfer Out Form (PDF)*
I-20 Request Form:
DS-2019 Forms for Students:
- J-1 DS-2019 Degree-Seeking Student Request Form for New Program (PDF)*
- J-1 DS-2019 Non-Degree-Seeking Student Request Form for New Program (PDF)*
- J-1 DS-2019 Update Notification Request (PDF)*
- J-1 DS-2019 Request Form for Program Extension (PDF)*
- J-2 DS-2019 Request Form for Adding Dependents (PDF)*
*Adobe Acrobat Reader is required to read PDF documents.