A spouse and children under 21 years of age are considered to be dependents of the F-1 or J-1 student and can be admitted to the US in F-2 or J-2 visa status. Please review requirements and rules governing the F-2 and J-2 visa categories as well as information on immunization, health insurance, taxes, J-2 employment and schooling for dependent children.
Please consult the International Student Advisors in the Office for International Students and Scholars for further information.
- Insurance Information (/insurance.htm)
- Immunization Requirement (/../../documents/students/immunization.doc)
- Individual Taxpayers Identification Number (ITIN) (/../../documents/students/ITIN.doc)
- J-2 Request for Employment (PDF)* (/../../documents/scholars/J2employ.pdf)
- Schooling for Dependents (/school.htm)