Use your browser's "Back" button to return to the original page. Or go to HomeStudentsBack

Show Links


Change of status/reinstatement of status

Federal regulations permit individuals who are holding certain visa types to change to another visa category within the United States by submitting a change of status application. Regulations also permit individuals who are out of status to file for reinstatement within the United States under certain conditions. This section contains more information on and forms related to the change of status and reinstatement of status processes.

Please note change of status and reinstatement of status are detailed procedures, consult the International Student Advisors in the Office for International Students and Scholars for further information.

Change To F-1 or F-2; or J-1 or J-2

*Adobe Acrobat Reader Opens in new window is required to read PDF documents.

© 2013-2018 Michigan State University Board of Trustees