J-1 scholars must follow certain Federal regulations as administered by the Student and Exchange Visitor Information System (SEVIS) in order to maintain a legal visa status during their stay in the United States. Here you will find information relating to maintaining J-1 visa status after arrival.
- Role and Responsibility of the International Scholar
- J-1 Scholar FAQ
- Hosting a J-1 Scholar at MSU
- J-1 Scholar Transfer OUT form (PDF)*
- J-1 Scholars Notice of Departure Form (PDF)*
- J-1 DS-2019 Request Form for New Program: PDF* | Word
- J-1 DS-2019 Update Notification: PDF* | Word
- J-1 DS-2019 Request Form for Program Extension: PDF* | Word
- J-2 DS-2019 Request Form for Adding Dependents: PDF* | Word
(Please allow 7-10 business days for processing)
*Adobe Acrobat Reader is required to read PDF documents.