Deadline to apply for the OISS International Community Health Internship
Graduate students in health, communications or student affairs-related majors are welcome to apply. A great opportunity to work with culturally diverse population (7100+ international students from 130 countries across the world) and a great chance to implement what you have learned and make a difference to the world!
The Community Health Intern will assist staff at the Office for International Students and Scholars (OISS) with communicating information about health care and health insurance to the international community and advising individuals and families who face difficulties. The posting can be found at https://msu.joinhandshake.com/jobs/700006.
- Maintain database on health insurance policies available to international students, scholars, and family members.
- Assist with development and presentation of informational sessions on health insurance and health care to be given to the international community (students, scholars and family members) on campus and at professional conferences for international educators.
- Assist with development of messages and publications on health care and health insurance topic for MSU international community
- Assist with updates to the health care brochure and related website information.
- Hold walk-in hours 2-3 days per week to advise members of the international community on health insurance and health care-related concerns.
- Provide basic immigration advising to the international community.
- Assist with drivers' license and social security sessions as needed.
- Assist with occasional special events held on weekends or evenings.