2015 Statistical Report
Analyzing international student enrollments at MSU
- With 7,568 international students enrolled in fall 2015 we see a slight decrease of 74 students over the total from a year ago. However, international student enrollment has grown 28.3% over the last five years.
- Undergraduates continue to top graduate students: 5,041 compared to 2,092 graduate students.
- The Colleges of Business (2,771), Engineering (1,515), Social Science (971), Natural Science (948), and Agriculture and Natural Resources (701) currently enroll the largest numbers of international students at MSU.
- The number of sponsored students continues to rise with over 695 international students receiving sponsorship by their governments, the U.S. government, or other organizations. This is an increase of 12% over fall 2014.
- According to NAFSA's (Association of International Educators) estimated economic impact formula, MSU's international students contribute an estimated $308 million to the Greater Lansing economy.
International student reports:
- By Country and Level of Study (PDF)*
- By Regional Trend (PDF)*
- By Country of Origin - Africa (PDF)*
- By Country of Origin - Asia (PDF)*
- By Country of Origin - Europe (PDF)*
- By Country of Origin - Latin America (PDF)*
- By Country of Origin - Middle East (PDF)*
- By Country of Origin - North America (PDF)*
- By Country of Origin - Oceania (PDF)*
- By Major and Level of Study (PDF)*
- By Fall Semester Enrollment Trends (PDF)*
- By Fall Semester College/Enrollment Trends (PDF)*
Stats Summary Brochure:
Data provided by Michigan State University's Office of the Registrar and the Institute of International Education's Open Doors Report.
Full Statistical Reports
OISS is responsible for serving international students at MSU and prepare this data annually. Please choose an edition below to read more about international enrollment and annual highlights. This publication is available late fall of every year.
- 2014 Report
- 2013 Report
- 2012 Report
- 2011 Report
- 2010 Report
- 2009 Report
- 2008 Report
- 2007 Report
- 2006 Report (PDF)*
- 2005 Report (PDF)*
- 2004 Report (PDF)*
2003 Report (PDF)*
*Adobe Acrobat Reader is required to read PDF documents.