Instructions for requesting express mailing
If you are not able to pick up your document (such as an I-20 or DS-2019) from OISS in person, you may request that the office express mails it to you via DHL or FedEx. Please follow the mailing instructions below--DO NOT go through the DHL or FedEx website directly. Please note that such requests will be at your expense. NOTE: OISS will NOT mail any document or application on your behalf to third-party recipients, such as the Department of Homeland Security.
- Register and activate your account at University Express Mail Services. Registration and activation of your account is free.
- Click the "Receive" option.
- Type "Michigan State University" in the search box, or select it from the drop down list.
- Select "Michigan State University" and then "Continue."
- Select the specific university department "Office for INTL Students & Scholars" and then "Continue."
- Complete the shipping form, Student ID number (MSU Personal ID Number beginning with the letter "A", and select "Ship/Quote." NOTE: P.O. Box addresses are generally not preferred by express carriers. If entering a P.O. Box address, be sure you provide the complete physical address where the P.O. Box is located in order to avoid delays or wrong delivery.
- On the confirmation page, check your shipment details.
- On the same page, complete the credit card information form.
- Select "Confirm" to advance to the shipment summary page.
- University Express Mail Services (eShipGlobal) will automatically notify OISS that you have requested your documents via express mail. You can track the shipment using the tracking number provided.
- Receive your documents in 3-5 business days from the date of mailing.
Please pay close attention to the information submitted, as errors in the credit card information or submitting incorrect or incomplete address information will result in delayed mailing.
If you have trouble in registering and processing the shipment, please use the "Help" link in the site for step-by-step instructions. If you have additional questions about how to use this service, please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.